UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently Asked Questions - Welcome and Join

Frequently Asked Questions - Welcome and Join

Q1. What questions should be ask in the Welcome and Join Board?

A1. The Welcome and Join board is a place to introduce yourself and get acquainted with the community. It’s also a great place to provide feedback on your Community Forums experience or ask question about the forum features. This is not the correct place for Technical Questions. Please search our community or browse our technical categories. (Refer to the Welcome and Join Board Guidelines)

Q2. When I try to download a tool or a document I get the following message:
We cannot fulfill your request as your account has failed export compliance verification
What can I do?

A2. You should start by reading the recommendations from AR#44043.

If you still have issues, in order for your profile to be reset and cleared, please send an email to Xilinx Customer Support (websupport@xilinx.com) indicating your "export compliance issue" and they in turn will contact Xilinx Customer Service on your behalf, who would be able to screen and verify your profile and re-activate this then, so that you can login and download the required software without issues.

Q3. Is it possible to change my Xilinx User ID which appears on the forum?

We are unable to change your Community Forums User ID due to our Single sign-On (SSO), which is a session and user authentication service that permits a user to use one set of login credentials (e.g., name and password) to access multiple applications and other areas Xilinx.

Additionally, it is not possible to completely delete a member from the community in a literal sense. When a member requests their Forums account to be deleted, all member account information is permanently deleted from community however their posts remain visible listed as Anonymous User. This is due to the fact that removing an account would cause holes in conversations as well as other gaps in data. However, a member can delete their own posts if desired.

Options are:

1. Request your existing Xilinx.com account to be deleted by filling out the Website Feedback form. After your account has been deleted, create a new Xilinx.com account with a different username, and then request that this ID is associated to your existing forums account by emailing forumadmin@xilinx.com, so that none of your forum history is lost.
    Note: Option is only for newly created accounts. Two already established accounts cannot be associated.
  2. Create second Xilinx.com account with a new username and different email address to be used on Forums.

Note: All the Licenses, and other details including your Community Forums account are linked to your Xilinx account. Once the account is deleted, you will not have access.

Q4. Each time I create a new post, I need to select manually "Email me when someone replies" in the Subscription section. What setting should I change to have this option selected automatically?

You can enable this feature in your Forum User Settings (Click on your username > My settings). In the Subscriptions & Notifications tab, go to the Notification Settings part and enable Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in

subscribe.png

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**