cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GTP Transceiver Spartan 6

Hi all,

How to send some data on GTP, if you have any example files please share with me, i want to send only data i don't require any chipscope, i tried but i am encountering with an error.

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

You can use the example design generated with the core.

Refer PG168 for more details.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI,

You can use quick start example design,  below link gives you steps to create the core, simulate and implement it

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/s6_gtpwizard_gsg546.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

i have gone through that document, i need some timing diagrams related to that design if you have please add it here.

thank you

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
Highlighted

how to analyse the sollution from simulation

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

We don't have any separte timing diagrams.

Simulate the example desgin and observe the data interfaces.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi

Suppose if i am having RX_IN[1:0] as an input to my GTP and Reference_clk of both N and P(GTP_REFCLK_P,GTP_REFCLK_N). now what is my TX_OUT will be based on the GTP.

and up to how much clk we can give .

Regards,

Pavan Patil
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

The Rxp and Rxn serial data will be decoded and gives you paralled data on rxdata and similarly the paralled data will be encoded, serilized and send on txp and txn.

The clock frequency depends on the protocol and the frequency you have selected in the gt wizard while customisation.

Refer below doc for detailed description of the transmitter and receiver of the transceiver and about the clocing.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug386.pdf

In the example design the frame gen module provides data on the txdata and the serial data is looped and the parallel rx data is checked in the frame checker.

Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos