UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Observer
Accepted Solution

Generating Clock with Virtex-4 XC4VFX20 FFG672 Device

I am new in VHDL and FPGA. I have Virtex-4 board with 125 MHz clock. I need to generate a serial clock (SCLK) of 31.25 MHz (Divided 125 MHz by 4) for Analog to Digital conversion (ADC) module. Can anyone please help me on generating this 31.25 MHz SCLK from 125 MHz FPGA using IP Core Clock Wizard? Could anyone please provide the IP Core Clock Wizard steps and then explain the clock output?  

I appreciate your cooperation and guidance. Thanks you very much. 

Accepted Solutions

Re: Generating Clock with Virtex-4 XC4VFX20 FFG672 Device

Hi @multan07,

As you are using a Virtex-4 I assume you are using ISE 14.7.

The steps to open the IP clock wizard are detailed on page 60 of UG695 (attached).

Once in there you could use two DCM_ADVs in a row, both with a divide by 2 set, so:

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-4.png

It's been a while since I used ISE but this should reduce a 125Mhz clock to 31.25Mhz.

Best Regards
Aidan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @multan07,

As you are using a Virtex-4 I assume you are using ISE 14.7.

The steps to open the IP clock wizard are detailed on page 60 of UG695 (attached).

Once in there you could use two DCM_ADVs in a row, both with a divide by 2 set, so:

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-4.png

It's been a while since I used ISE but this should reduce a 125Mhz clock to 31.25Mhz.

Best Regards
Aidan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
Observer

hello