Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haas_fr
Visitor
Visitor

Hello World on Zynq 7020

Jump to solution

Hello,

i have this Board and want to run freeRTOS on it. I tried to flash it with the demo projects, of freeRTOS but it didn't run afterwards.

Because of this issue i searched for a solution and found out that i need a FSBL and u-boot.

I decided to try it at first just with a standalone application and the FSBL. Is it right that i don't need the u-boot, if i don't run an OS?

Unfortunately it didn't worked and after the flash operation the red and green LED were shining. I don't know what i could do wrong with just a simple hello_world project.

Step by step i did:

- Create FSBL in the Xilinx SDK as New Application project(OS Platform: Standalone, Hardware Platform: ZC702_hw_platform, BSP: Create New, Template: Zynq FSBL)

- Create Application in the Xilinx SDK as New Application((OS Platform: Standalone, Hardware Platform: ZC702_hw_platform, BSP: Create New, Template: Hello World)

- Create Boot Image in the Xilinx SDK(Enter Bif and Output Path and adding the two .elf Files which were generated by Building the projects)

- Program Flash(using the generated Image File)

What can i've done wrong? Sorry for the newbie question, but i'm very confused about the fact it does not work. I've tried much more things(building u-boot, using pre-build u-boot, without FSBL,... ) but always the same effect.

The Hardware is working, too. I can flash an project which uses vxWorks as OS.

Thanks and greetings!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

do try the procedure outlined in the following link. http://xilinx.wikidot.com/zc702-boot-from-flash

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

do try the procedure outlined in the following link. http://xilinx.wikidot.com/zc702-boot-from-flash

--hs

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos