UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

How to create an ip core from an edif netlist.

Hi everyone,

We have decided to purchase an ip core. The vendors is delivering the product as edif netlist. How can we convert the edif netlist to a format that vivado can recognize as an ip core? Please help me here. Please let me know if you have any confusion with my question.

Thanks

Karthik R

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: How to create an ip core from an edif netlist.

Hi @xlkarthik,

Simply add the netlist using Add sources.

Refer to the Note in page 7 of this document:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_3/ug896-vivado-ip.pdf

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot @nupurs
I will try this and will get back to you soon...
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Actual problem is.,

the EDIF netlist which we aer having is 32bit APB inteface.

vivado IP creation is AXI interface.

we need know what is the procedure to create IP with this EDIF netlist(vendor is saying he will only provide netlsit with APB interface, he cannot guarantee that this will work in vivado).

i need the complete procedure for creating IP.

Thanks for any fruitfull response.

0 Kudos