cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to generate a FPGA core with ARM processor and SPI peripheral?

Hello,

I am using zynq zc702 board.so i have to generate a FPGA core with ARM processor and SPI peripheral and talk with outside world and test the interface bu just hooking the out pins to scope and see the clock and data bits are toggle.  

So i am new to this please provide some suggestions on that i will proceed further.

Thanks

Deepak

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it work? It sounds like you might have already taken some good first steps.

Do you have working software to drive the SPI IP?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi pete_128,
I have to generate a core with ARM and SPI peripherals first.can you give me suggestions for that?
I didn't get you that working software to drive the SPI IP?please brief me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

First you need to add the zynq processor in the base builder design,this will automatically enable processor section.

if you have any custom code pls add in the base builder which will be part of your fpga section.

Select the SPI core in the processor as per the attached picture, corresponding MIO pins are available for you. but since the ZC702 peripherals are already determined currently no SPI core output pins are extended through MIO's. That leaves you to use the FPGA side IO's. u can write a custom SPI code in FPGA section and extend to the FMC pins for monitoring.

Note:

processor supports the SPI core but to monitor & use, the pins needs to be brought to MIO as per configuration.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi,

sorry i forget to add the picture.

regards,

Rajesh

SPI_Selction in ARM Core--corresponding pin needs to be used.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi rajesh,

Thanks for reply.I build design is that correct or not can you verifiy it and let me know.I attached design and SPI MIO configuration  please have a look.

Thanks

deepak1991

0 Kudos