UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

How to use awburst=fixed

Hi,

I implemented my own AXI4 wrapper (full version) and connected it to the Xilinx AXI4 Interconnect IP, which is connected to the Zynq UltraScale+MPSoC IP.

My wrapper is OK when the AXI4 transaction used awburst=incremental (default mode) and I would like to test it with awburst=fixed.

Unfortunately, I don't find how to change in software the value of awburst. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

PS: I'm using the Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZCU102 Evaluation Kit

Teacher

Re: How to use awburst=fixed

@mlerolla Have you really verified that doing transactions from PS to contiguous address in your slave is creating a burst transaction as opposed to individual transactions with their own address transactions? There is some mmu setting necessary for this to happen.

As to fixed, I am not sure which conditions  convince the axi master in the MPSoC to generate this transaction. Have you tried consecutive reads or writes to the same address and check  if they're converted to fixed bursts?

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

@muzaffer Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, the solution which consists in consecutive reads or writes to the same address doesn't work. Indeed, this solution does not generate a burst.

Teacher

@mlerolla In that case, I am not sure if PS controller is able to generate fixed bursts to PL targets.

One question is why you need this? Are you trying to optimize latency? Or are you trying to just test your IP block?

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

@muzaffer Do you know how can I be sure that PS controller is able or not to generate fixed burst?

I need it to test my IP block. Indeed, to optimize my IP block, this one has different working in case of fixed or incremental burst.

Highlighted
Teacher

@mlerolla For testing you can use the Xilinx VIP models to generate the proper AXI transactions. I am not sure how to tell if the PS generates fixed bursts.