UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor adnan192
Visitor

I/O pin standards and clock pin standard for Kintex 7 XC7K325t-2ffg900c (digilent genesys 2)

Hi All,

I am using a Digilent's Genesys 2 (Kintex 7 fpga) Evaluation board. I was not able to give I\O standards for clock pin (AD12 in bank 33) as LVDS or TMDS_33 in I\O planning since these standards aren't available in vivado 2016.2 and 2014.4.

Can anyone help me hoe to choose i/o pins standard and clock pin standard? Is there any catalogue for the same

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: I/O pin standards and clock pin standard for Kintex 7 XC7K325t-2ffg900c (digilent genesys 2)

Hi @adnan192,

Why aren't you using the xdc file from digilent for you board (see link):

set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AD12 IOSTANDARD LVDS } [get_ports { sysclk_p }]; #IO_L12P_T1_MRCC_33 Sch=sysclk_p

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Visitor adnan192
Visitor

Re: I/O pin standards and clock pin standard for Kintex 7 XC7K325t-2ffg900c (digilent genesys 2)

I am using system generator model. So generated project file is opened in vivado and i got synthesize amd implement. Since i don't know how to use XDC files, i was choosing i/o standards from the GUI console. For all other it was LVCMOS33 but for clock pin, i don't know and can't proceed further.
I had copied board ware of genesys2 to installation folder, so i am able to choose the board to which synthsis is aimed.

Anyway i'm trying the XDC way also
thanks
0 Kudos
Visitor adnan192
Visitor

this is screenshot of error i'm facing after using xdc file as u said and also by choosing froom gui

ERROR.png
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

The tools are telling you that the IO is single ended so it can't apply a differential IOSTANDARD. Have you instantiated an IBUFDS? I dont see any warning that the tools have removed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------