cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adnan192
Visitor
Visitor

I/O pin standards and clock pin standard for Kintex 7 XC7K325t-2ffg900c (digilent genesys 2)

Hi All,

I am using a Digilent's Genesys 2 (Kintex 7 fpga) Evaluation board. I was not able to give I\O standards for clock pin (AD12 in bank 33) as LVDS or TMDS_33 in I\O planning since these standards aren't available in vivado 2016.2 and 2014.4.

Can anyone help me hoe to choose i/o pins standard and clock pin standard? Is there any catalogue for the same

0 Kudos
4 Replies
florentw

Hi @adnan192,

Why aren't you using the xdc file from digilent for you board (see link):

set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN AD12 IOSTANDARD LVDS } [get_ports { sysclk_p }]; #IO_L12P_T1_MRCC_33 Sch=sysclk_p

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
adnan192
Visitor
Visitor

I am using system generator model. So generated project file is opened in vivado and i got synthesize amd implement. Since i don't know how to use XDC files, i was choosing i/o standards from the GUI console. For all other it was LVCMOS33 but for clock pin, i don't know and can't proceed further.
I had copied board ware of genesys2 to installation folder, so i am able to choose the board to which synthsis is aimed.

Anyway i'm trying the XDC way also
thanks
0 Kudos
adnan192
Visitor
Visitor

this is screenshot of error i'm facing after using xdc file as u said and also by choosing froom gui

ERROR.png
0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

The tools are telling you that the IO is single ended so it can't apply a differential IOSTANDARD. Have you instantiated an IBUFDS? I dont see any warning that the tools have removed it.

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------