UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bear532
Visitor

I cannot get the AXI4-Stream to Video out with Scaler core working...

Hello, everyone. I got a issue with xilinx video core, and tried to solve the problem for several weeks but failed. Could anyone give me some tips for AXI4-Stream to Video core?

I tried to implement the Video Scaler core in my project which is a module carried by a data video generater card. In this case, I just used four cores to achieve the simpleset design, which are (1). Video in to Axi4-Stream core, (2) Video Scaler core ,(3). AXI4-Stream to Video Out core, and (4) VTC core implemented as a detectro for (1) and a generator for (3).

The problem is that all the outputs of AXI4-Stream to Video Out (ASVO) core (video_data, Vsync, Hsync, video_de) always keep 0 all the time in simulation if I put Video Scaler core in my design. However, I removed Video Scaler core from my project, I got all outputs form ASVO core after locked signal was asserted. I also tried to test Video Scaler core with Video-In to Axi4-Stream core (VIAS) when I removed ASVO core. The video stream also can pass these two cores.

As I talked above, I used two VTC cores. One is connected to VIAS core as a detector and the other is connected to ASVO core as a generator. I'm sure I get all ports conntected correctly.

The attected is the waveform view from ModelSim, I found the fifo_rst signal is always asserted after one frame. I am not sure how it works. Could anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Regards,
Woody
Untitled.png
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: I cannot get the AXI4-Stream to Video out with Scaler core working...

Always in reset means you have a bug in your reset logic.

Find the bug, fix the bug.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I believe you need to run the simullation for minimum 2 frames for VTC to give the output,   please run for long time or check in hardware ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Visitor bear532
Visitor

@austin wrote:

Always in reset means you have a bug in your reset logic.

Find the bug, fix the bug.

Thanks Austin.

Maybe what I said is not clear. The fifo_rst signal is asserted by the Axi4-stream to Video Out core, The problem is that if I test my design with video scaler core, the fifo_rst will be asserted once every three frames. However, if I removed video scaler, the fifo_rst signal is just asserted at the second frame, and the core works correctly.

In this case, I don't think there is a bug here. I just think it may be caused by an unknown issue. Is there a problem in my design? In other work, these three cores could be connected together, right? 

Thanks.

Woody

Regards,
Woody
0 Kudos
Visitor bear532
Visitor

@vsrunga wrote:

Hi,

I believe you need to run the simullation for minimum 2 frames for VTC to give the output,   please run for long time or check in hardware ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

Thanks, Vanitha.

I did run the simulation for more than 10 frames, but I got nothing. In the test where I removed the video scaler core, I just get the result after three frames. I am not sure whether the output of Video scaler could be connected to the Axi-S to Video out core as an input. 

Regards,

Woody

Regards,
Woody
0 Kudos
Visitor flufy3d
Visitor

hey ,bro

have you solved this problem ?

may be we are both in the same bug situation.

here is my thread about this problem.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/General-Technical-Discussion/The-axi4s-vid-out-TRD-project/td-p/373771

0 Kudos

Hello ,dear friend, have you solved your problem now ?   I may got a similar problem  with  you .In my design  ,some of the outputs are normal,such as tvalid,tlast,tuser, but the tdata always keeps 0, I checked  the tready input ,it's always 1.I do not know why.  if you have already solved your probelm, can you share your experience  to me ?  thank   you very much  !   my email  addr  458868525@qq.com

0 Kudos