cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I cannot get the AXI4-Stream to Video out with Scaler core working...

Hello, everyone. I got a issue with xilinx video core, and tried to solve the problem for several weeks but failed. Could anyone give me some tips for AXI4-Stream to Video core?

I tried to implement the Video Scaler core in my project which is a module carried by a data video generater card. In this case, I just used four cores to achieve the simpleset design, which are (1). Video in to Axi4-Stream core, (2) Video Scaler core ,(3). AXI4-Stream to Video Out core, and (4) VTC core implemented as a detectro for (1) and a generator for (3).

The problem is that all the outputs of AXI4-Stream to Video Out (ASVO) core (video_data, Vsync, Hsync, video_de) always keep 0 all the time in simulation if I put Video Scaler core in my design. However, I removed Video Scaler core from my project, I got all outputs form ASVO core after locked signal was asserted. I also tried to test Video Scaler core with Video-In to Axi4-Stream core (VIAS) when I removed ASVO core. The video stream also can pass these two cores.

As I talked above, I used two VTC cores. One is connected to VIAS core as a detector and the other is connected to ASVO core as a generator. I'm sure I get all ports conntected correctly.

The attected is the waveform view from ModelSim, I found the fifo_rst signal is always asserted after one frame. I am not sure how it works. Could anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Regards,
Woody
Untitled.png
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: I cannot get the AXI4-Stream to Video out with Scaler core working...

Always in reset means you have a bug in your reset logic.

Find the bug, fix the bug.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I believe you need to run the simullation for minimum 2 frames for VTC to give the output,   please run for long time or check in hardware ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@austin wrote:

Always in reset means you have a bug in your reset logic.

Find the bug, fix the bug.

Thanks Austin.

Maybe what I said is not clear. The fifo_rst signal is asserted by the Axi4-stream to Video Out core, The problem is that if I test my design with video scaler core, the fifo_rst will be asserted once every three frames. However, if I removed video scaler, the fifo_rst signal is just asserted at the second frame, and the core works correctly.

In this case, I don't think there is a bug here. I just think it may be caused by an unknown issue. Is there a problem in my design? In other work, these three cores could be connected together, right? 

Thanks.

Woody

Regards,
Woody
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@vsrunga wrote:

Hi,

I believe you need to run the simullation for minimum 2 frames for VTC to give the output,   please run for long time or check in hardware ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

Thanks, Vanitha.

I did run the simulation for more than 10 frames, but I got nothing. In the test where I removed the video scaler core, I just get the result after three frames. I am not sure whether the output of Video scaler could be connected to the Axi-S to Video out core as an input. 

Regards,

Woody

Regards,
Woody
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hey ,bro

have you solved this problem ?

may be we are both in the same bug situation.

here is my thread about this problem.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/General-Technical-Discussion/The-axi4s-vid-out-TRD-project/td-p/373771

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello ,dear friend, have you solved your problem now ?   I may got a similar problem  with  you .In my design  ,some of the outputs are normal,such as tvalid,tlast,tuser, but the tdata always keeps 0, I checked  the tready input ,it's always 1.I do not know why.  if you have already solved your probelm, can you share your experience  to me ?  thank   you very much  !   my email  addr  458868525@qq.com

0 Kudos