UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer lior_glass
Observer

IP Integrator systemverilog interface support

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'd like to extract several AXI4 ports out from the IP Integrator and it is a lot of signals.

So I think to add a user IP to the IP Integrator which will wrap the the AXI4 bus into a signal systemverilog interface.

Does the IP Integrator support systemverilog interface?

Thanks,

Lior Glass

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: IP Integrator systemverilog interface support

Jump to solution
This is something I suggested a long time ago. I even gave them my basic implementation of an axi interface for them to use ;-)
They should add a systemverilog option to the languages and generate code which uses interfaces where needed.
Right now, I wrap all Xilinx generated AXI IP with my axi interface wrapper. It's not that bad but I hate to introduce a completely unnecessary hierarchy layer just for some syntactic sugar (albeit tasty).
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
3 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution
This is something I suggested a long time ago. I even gave them my basic implementation of an axi interface for them to use ;-)
They should add a systemverilog option to the languages and generate code which uses interfaces where needed.
Right now, I wrap all Xilinx generated AXI IP with my axi interface wrapper. It's not that bad but I hate to introduce a completely unnecessary hierarchy layer just for some syntactic sugar (albeit tasty).
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Scholar markcurry
Scholar

Jump to solution

We do the exact same thing muzaffer.  We've even wrapped the axi_interconnect.  A lot of duplicated work.  Here's hoping Xilinx starts doing this on their own.

Regards,

Mark

Participant egrigor
Participant

Jump to solution
Yes, this is sorely needed. It's interesting that the IP Integrator GUI takes heavy advantage of interfaces to facilitate the design process, but yet when it comes time for the tool to genrate the Verilog code, it's stuck in the old Verilog standard. Supporting SV output code generation would be a far superior and cleaner approach. Xilinx, please add this capability right away.
0 Kudos