UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor paxuli
Visitor

Importing IP drivers in SDK

Hi, 

I want to import in SDK my IP drivers generated with Vivado HLS and exported to SDK with IP integrator. I have read that if you want to work properly with your IP in SDK you have to import manually the drivers and choose the custom driver (not the generic) in Board Support Package Settings. I have done the steps in AR#35443 and I am not able to choose the custom driver. I am working with SDK 14.6.

Something new to do in this version?

Thansk in advance

Repositories.png
Repositories included.PNG
Not custom driver option.png
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Importing IP drivers in SDK

Is a 'driver' what you want?

The HLS converted c code becomes VHDL (or verilog) and is now imported as just that:  HDL source (VHDL or verilog).

That HDL then gets wired up to (connected) to an AXI bus interface (as an acclelerator)?  Or to IO pins?  Or into the rest of your VHDL?

Have you worked through the HLS demo designs to see how it all fits together?

Yes:  it is true that Vivado HLS is ONLY converting c code of one function, to a HDL (VHDL or verilog) module.  That module must then be integrated with the top level VHDL or verilog design.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It's the same procedure in 14.6. Can you post a snapshot showing what are in the data direcotry and the .mdd file in that directory?

@paxuli wrote:

Hi, 

I want to import in SDK my IP drivers generated with Vivado HLS and exported to SDK with IP integrator. I have read that if you want to work properly with your IP in SDK you have to import manually the drivers and choose the custom driver (not the generic) in Board Support Package Settings. I have done the steps in AR#35443 and I am not able to choose the custom driver. I am working with SDK 14.6.

Something new to do in this version?

Thansk in advance

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Visitor paxuli
Visitor

I just have realized that there isn't a relation between the psf_version of the .mdd file and the rest of the files. Maybe it's a problem?

Not the same version.PNG
mdd file.PNG
c++ files.PNG
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I also have the same issue...Any solutions?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I am starting to think also that it is a naming issue...My IP's name is ComputeNetwork. What I see is that in the MDD files the HLS IP adds in the naming of the supported peripherals version stuff...

Screenshot from HLS drivers.png

Yet the IDE and SDK see my IP just as a ComputeNetwork component:

Screenshot IDE.png

Screenshot SDK.png

Could this be the issue and if yes has anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please follow instructions in UG871 v2013.2 starting on page 232: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_2/ug871-vivado-high-level-synthesis-tutorial.pdf on how to add HLS drivers to SDK repository. The key thing is that the "drivers" directory generated by HLS (in solution1\impl ) needs to be a subdirectory in the SDK repo path. Once you do that, you will be able to assigh the driver to the HLS IP in SDK.

@adanathel wrote:

I am starting to think also that it is a naming issue...My IP's name is ComputeNetwork. What I see is that in the MDD files the HLS IP adds in the naming of the supported peripherals version stuff...

Screenshot from HLS drivers.png

Yet the IDE and SDK see my IP just as a ComputeNetwork component:

Screenshot IDE.png

Screenshot SDK.png

Could this be the issue and if yes has anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Jim
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks....I did not use sdk_sw_repo name for the folder and that is why sdk could not see the drivers...

It work now...Thank you for the reply....

0 Kudos