UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Visitor

Integrating RS encoder with other IPs

Dear sir/madam

We have designed Ethernet using HDL to stream the video. Output of the Ethernet design is 8 bit. Then we have to add RS encoder IP with this Ethernet design. RS encoder IP is having AXI stream Interface.

1. How to connect Ethernet design using hdl with RS encoder IP?

2. If we are including AXI interface to connect Ethernet and RS Encoder IP,  AXI stream interface output width is 32 bit. Then how we can connect? 

Re: Integrating RS encoder with other IPs

Hi

Temac core comes with an example design which has fifo's on the RX and Tx which you can use to store the data and do the data conversion to interface with the 32 bit RS Encoder IP.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Visitor

hi

RS encoder is  AXI stream interface with 8 bit input and Ethernet is not having AXI stream interface.Because we have designed Ethernet design.how to connect RS encoder IP and Ethernet design.Can we include AXI stream TX in Ethernet design?

Hi

Are you using custom Ethernet core or Xilinx core

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac.html

Xilinx Temac has 8 bit AXI4 stream interface.

if it is customer core then you need to write your own shim logic to convert the stream packets to your own Ethernet interface.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Visitor

Hi

Actually i want to include RS encoder IP with my design. i took 8 bit counter to giving the inputs to RS encoder.  So i interfaced Counter with AXI stream slave. so i got 8 bit output from counter with AXI interface core. But I should not interface the counter with AXI4 stream slave. so i tried to add counter with AXI4 stream master. But i am not able to reduce the width from 32 to 8 bits.

how can we convert 32 bit width to 8 bit from AXI4 stream interface to give RS encoder IP?

Any IP is there to convert 32 bit AXI4 stream to 8 bit AXI4 stream to give RS encoder IP?

Herewith i am attaching 8 bit counter with AXI stream(master) core and 8 bit counter with AXI stream(slave)

regards

Sivakannan

counterslave.png
countermaster.png
Visitor

Hi

Actually i want to include RS encoder IP with my design. i took 8 bit counter to giving the inputs to RS encoder.  So i interfaced Counter with AXI stream slave. so i got 8 bit output from counter with AXI interface core. But I should not interface the counter with AXI4 stream slave. so i tried to add counter with AXI4 stream master. But i am not able to reduce the width from 32 to 8 bits.

how can we convert 32 bit width to 8 bit from AXI4 stream interface to give RS encoder IP?

Any IP is there to convert 32 bit AXI4 stream to 8 bit AXI4 stream to give RS encoder IP?

Herewith i am attaching 8 bit counter with AXI stream(master) core and 8 bit counter with AXI stream(slave)

regards

Sivakannan

countermaster.png
counterslave.png