Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
concattocarol
Visitor
Visitor

KC705 Board SFP Implementation

Jump to solution

I am using the FM-S14 toghether with the Kintex 7.

I would like to send a serial code through the interface. So I am using the signals TD_N, TD_P, RD_P and RD_N. 

I would like to use Channel 2 and Channel 4 to do a loopback of the FM-S14. In order to do that I should use the channels according to the user manual. But the problem is that the Vivado tool does not allow me to use it the pins C4,C3,B2 AND B1.

It says: Cannot set LOC property of port. Site location is not valid. However according to the user manual these are the link to use in the HPC with the FM-S14

In attached are my xdc file, some poor schematic and the user manual page that I am using to configure the ports.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnarahar

@concattocarol Yes, use the wizard and setup the necessary settings in the wizard. No need to set the IO Standard for GT's

- Giri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gnarahar

@concattocarol Remove the IO Standard for these pins in the xdc file and try. You don't need to specify for the GT Banks. 

- Giri
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
concattocarol
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you,

In order to use the GTH channels I need to use the Hard IPs (7 series transciever), write?!? So with that I only need to inform wich banck I would like to use.

0 Kudos
gnarahar

@concattocarol Yes, use the wizard and setup the necessary settings in the wizard. No need to set the IO Standard for GT's

- Giri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos