Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msh
Voyager
Voyager

LVDS pin assignments

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am trying to implement LVDS output in zynq 7020. 

In the IO bank 35 , I tried to to use a PIN as LVDS but there is always an error, as from the same bank there is another pin been used for default config with 3.3 voltage of VCCO .

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (BIVC-1) Bank IO standard Vcc - Conflicting Vcc voltages in bank 35. For example, the following two ports in this bank have conflicting VCCOs:
START_PULSE_I (LVCMOS33, requiring VCCO=3.300) and StopSignal_P[0] (LVDS_25, requiring VCCO=2.500)

I read the below link 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64450.html

but it also didnt remove the error. 

Do I have to do some extra ? 

Please let me know how can I proceed

thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gnarahar

@msh As Ashish mentioned, LVDS outputs require VCCO to be at the respective Voltage level i.e. 1.8V for LVDS (HP Bank) and 2.5V for LVDS_25. 

LVDS Inputs though can be placed in bank with VCCO not matching to the required level with some conditions. 

Go through this AR which will pretty much explain the scenarios https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43989.html

In your case, you need to move LVDS_25 outputs to another Bank with 2.5V VCCO

- Giri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @msh,

There are certain rules which needs to be followed while combining IOSTANDARDS in same bank. Please check page #97 from below UG

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug471_7Series_SelectIO.pdf

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
msh
Voyager
Voyager

Hello @ashishd

Thank you for me directing to the reference. 

According to the combination list, the output or input of different standard can be combine only if they have same VCCO. 

so does that mean I should use another IO bank for LVDS ? or there any other way ? 

Thank you 

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @msh,

Differential inputs for LVDS_25 can be placed in banks with VCCO levels that are different from the required level for outputs. But you need to consider important criteria mentioned in Note 1 (page #100 ) from UG mentioned in my earlier reply. If this criteria is not followed, then you should consider using another bank.

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
gnarahar

@msh As Ashish mentioned, LVDS outputs require VCCO to be at the respective Voltage level i.e. 1.8V for LVDS (HP Bank) and 2.5V for LVDS_25. 

LVDS Inputs though can be placed in bank with VCCO not matching to the required level with some conditions. 

Go through this AR which will pretty much explain the scenarios https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43989.html

In your case, you need to move LVDS_25 outputs to another Bank with 2.5V VCCO

- Giri
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs

View solution in original post