UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer mjdbishop
Observer

LWIP PHY initialisation sequence Warning

When run on a Zybo the SDK 2106.3 LWIP implementation emits "WARNING: Not a Marvell or TI Ethernet PHY. Please verify the initialisation sequence". 

My narrow question is can anyone advise the outcome of the verification exercise.  The obvious searches don't provide an answer.

More generally, what are the issues to be checked, are there any known issues with the Realtek RTL8211-VL / Zybo / LWIP combination and is there a patched version of LWIP for the Zybo ?

FWIW the 2016.3 SDK version of LWIP seems OK : burbling out some UDP traffic and responding to ping.

VMTiA B

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer ajk
Observer

Re: LWIP PHY initialisation sequence Warning

I got a Micrel instead of Marvell or TI and get the same warning. You can easily search it in the codes. In my case, the auto negotiation fails at the PHY and a link is not set up. With SDK, in the "Board Support Package Settings" for lwIP, it is possible to change auto negotiation to fixed speed. I did that and fixed the speed also on the other side of the link. Then a link is set up and the example echo server worked, though with some kind of delays. Ping timeout sometimes.

You could also do a search for Micrel and lwIP and find a lot of clues to your question.

One such is at

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/lwip-PHY-Speed-Detection/m-p/451042/highlight/true#M31200

Good luck.

0 Kudos