cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Licensing issue

I have a full Vivado license System edition which I believe should support ISE 14.7 DSP devices that the free WebPack doesn't. I can generate a design using this license for an xc5vlx50 but not for an xc5vsx95t with the DSP slices. I get this error

ERROR:Security:12 - No 'xc5vsx95t' feature version 2013.10 was available (-5),
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
architecture.

What am I doing wrong when I generate the license?

My license file is attached.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @crsettles,

I am seeing Vivado system edition and ISE webpack license. Please verify in your account for ISE license that you would have got with vivado purchase. Please use that license. 

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@crsettles,

The ISE license must be present in your account.

Please generate your license from here: www.xilinx.com/getlicense and load it using Help-->Manage License--> Copy License option.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

The only license shown in the vivado license is the ISE WebPack I used. Do I need to get something from Xilinx?

Thanks,

Curtis

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

The only license shown in the vivado license is the ISE WebPack I used. Do I need to get something from Xilinx?

Thanks,

Curtis
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@crsettles,

Yes, you must get a ISE(non-WebPACK) license along with Vivado purchased license.

Can you check in both "Create License" and "Manage Licenses" tab if the license is present?

If it is not present in any of the tabs, you can file a Service Request here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/service-portal.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos