UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

MIG for spartan6

HI all,

I generated DDR2 Memory controller for spartan 6 to control the MT47H32M16HR -25 (which is chisen in the MIG wizard) and i used single ended system clock then i tried to check the operation of the controller by runing a test bench that provide the MIG with sys_clk, cmd_clk, wr_clk, rd_clk of 10 ns , then i forced wr_en to '1' to store 1 value in the write FIFO and i can see wr_count=0001 which indicates the succesfull operation and then i set cmd_instr="000" which is write to ram command and burst=0 as i want to test writing 1 value only and i set address(29 downto 0)=(others=>'0') then i set cmd_en='1' to perform the operation then i can see the cmd_empty='0' which indicates pending command but the cmd_empty never comes back to '1' which means the command is never performed can any one please tell me what i am missing ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mentor hgleamon1
Mentor

Re: MIG for spartan6

Please don't repeatedly post the same message. It's confusing and it will mean, if anyone here is able to help you, that others with the same problem won't find hints and solutions quickly and easily.

You have asked a detailed question about a complex subject. It will take time for the volunteers on these forums to get round to helping you. Have some patience.

In the meantime, what are you doing to troubleshoot the situation yourself? Have you some simulation waveforms that can help shed some light on the problem?

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thaanks  for your reply actually i tried several things and for now its clear to me that the problem is that the calib_done pin should go to 1 but it doesnt, would you please tell me what should i do ?

0 Kudos
Mentor hgleamon1
Mentor

I shall respond to your thread under the MIG board, as this is where this discussion should take place.

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos