Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Noob Question - Forum Display Motif

Jump to solution

Good Day Folks,

As it appears that I shall be reviewing many forum threads while finding information on bleeding edge issues, I would like to make the reading of the forum easier on my tired, old eyes. 

The default forum display motif is black-on-white [black text on bright, white background]. 

I tried working through all of the preferences, and I could not identify any straightforward mechanism to change the display motif. 

I suppose that I might override the Xilinx style-sheet with one of my own, however that is really much more effort than I want to attempt. 

So, is there straightforward mechanism which I might use to change the display motif from this painful, bright black-on-white to something a touch kinder to the optics, say green-on-black, or blue/gray-on-dark-gray? 

Many Thanks,
The Noob
Peimann, S. M.

Kind Regards,
Peimann, S. M.
----
Toddlers are the Storm-Troopers of the Great God Entropy.
Physics: Not Just a Good Idea, It's THE LAW.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@peimann

You may be a noob but your question is hot (and unresolved) for many.  For example, <here> you will see that Xilinx is working on this for Vivado.

If you are using IE 11, you might try the following setting which seem to make the Forum colors a little kinder.
IE_settings.jpg

Forum_theme.jpg

Cheers,
Mark

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I see that I have made the signature (.sig) error of a Noob - double signatures. 

This waste of space shall not be visited upon you (meaning all of you) in the future. 

You have my apologies for that. 

Kind Regards,
Peimann, S. M.
----
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@peimann

You may be a noob but your question is hot (and unresolved) for many.  For example, <here> you will see that Xilinx is working on this for Vivado.

If you are using IE 11, you might try the following setting which seem to make the Forum colors a little kinder.
IE_settings.jpg

Forum_theme.jpg

Cheers,
Mark

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
Explorer
Explorer

Mark [markg@prosensing.com],

Thanks for the response.  You've confirmed for me that I didn't miss anything in the forum setup. 

That'll definitely work, but it does (nominally) affect all pages from all sites. 

I suppose that's the best option available to us at the moment. 

Cheers,
Peimann

Kind Regards,
Peimann, S. M.
----
0 Kudos