Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prakashdrj
Observer
Observer

RATE change in GTX zynq-706

Jump to solution

How to change RATE in GTX zynq-706, UG467 V1.11.1 described RATE change sequence for GTH Only via [TX/RX]RATE[2:0] signals? Is there any sequence for GTX?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @prakashdrj

Compare the generated _gt.v/.vhd files to find the attribute differences.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @prakashdrj

You can achieve this using DRP functionality.

Check this forums thread: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/Questions-about-Kintex-7-GTX-drp-usage/td-p/305633

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
prakashdrj
Observer
Observer

Ya, DRP is there and I can use. but I want to know If I can use [TX/RX]RATE signal like PCIe have.

any way DRP is last option!

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @prakashdrj

You can achieve this by changing TXRATE.

Check the page no. 151 in the following user guide: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug476_7Series_Transceivers.pdf

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos
prakashdrj
Observer
Observer

Hello @vuppala,

So just by changing RATE signal I can? Doesn't It have sequence like GTH?

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos
prakashdrj
Observer
Observer

How can I see all attributes generated/set by wizard? In context of GTX?

0 Kudos
saradapr
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @prakashdrj,

Hope you checked usage of TXRATE/RXRATE ports? 

Generate the GT wizard core for the initial line rate Generate the GT wizard core for the modifying line rate. Compare the core files for both and note the attributes which differ.Then modify the required attributes for new rate change.

Give necessary resets, after changing these attributes as given in GT user guide.

Thanks,

Sarada

0 Kudos
prakashdrj
Observer
Observer

Ok! Understood. Is there any way to find out which attributes are differed? Or shall I have to check all files?

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @prakashdrj

Compare the generated _gt.v/.vhd files to find the attribute differences.

Thanks,

Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
prakashdrj
Observer
Observer

Hello @vuppala,

I have doubt, should I start DRP operation after gtx_[tx/rx]resetdone_out completes or it is independent of gtx block? suppose after Power-On-Reset, I do DRP for [TX/RX]_DATA_WIDTH but actual gtx_[tx/rx]resetdone_out will be asserted long time after DRP completes? Is it affect DRP Operation?

In short DRP should be after gtx_[tx/rx]resetdone_out or irrespective of gtx_[tx/rx]resetdone_out?

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos