UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RGB24 to LVDS signal conversion using FPGA

Hello Everyone

I would like your help in the problem I am facing. 

I am designing a display driver board using a xilinx artix7 series fpga. The board TE0712 (200-2C) is the board that I am designing by myself according to the requirement. 

Here i am using a HDMI receiver ADV7619 so as to take the hdmi input and the IC gives RGB signal out. The project requires to support RGB signal as well as LVDS signal in case if displays with different specs are interfaced. Pulling out the rgb signal doesn't seem to be a big deal but I am not understanding how would the fpga convert the incoming rgb signal  to LVDS OUT. 

Here I have also thought of doing something like pin multiplexing, for e.g. the fpga will know which signal needs to be given out and configure accordingly.

Do I need any other device/component for this? Or possible by programming the FPGA? 

Thank you. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: RGB24 to LVDS signal conversion using FPGA

Hi patilruchi70

I'd like to make sure your design spec.
Here is my understanding.
Is it correct ?

- FPGA Design requeirement
    Input : RGB24bit@LVTTL or LVCMOS33 from HDMI receiver
    Output: LVDS 4+1ch@LVDS to some receiver

If yes, could you refer "XAPP585" ?
This document is helpful for you.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp585-lvds-source-synch-serdes-clock-multiplication.pdf

Thank you.
Best regards,

0 Kudos

Re: RGB24 to LVDS signal conversion using FPGA

Hi.. 

Thank you for the link that i could refer. 

Your understanding is correct, as my focus is signal conversion via fpga, this document should help. 

Regards

0 Kudos