UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bhuvan.m391
Observer

Rectifying error in Xilinx Description Language format file

Hello ,

I was in the process creating new Configurable Logics Blocks
(CLB) to the Spartan 6 LX9 FPGA at the layout level hardware description language called Xilinx Description language. While doing so those new CLB named NEW_INSTANCE should be driven by nets, for nets I used existing components Programmable Interconnect points (PIP) values to new nets connecting their CLB and those input pins and output pins are configured by seeing in FPGA Editor.

net "Mmux_S[2]_t1[3]_wide_mux_11_OUT7_split<0>" ,

outpin "Mmux_S[2]_t1[3]_wide_mux_11_OUT7_split<0>" B ,

inpin "t3<0>" D1 ,

pip BIOI_INNER_X1Y1 IOI_LOGICINB15 -> D1_OLOGIC_SITE_S ,

pip CLEXM_X4Y2 X_B -> CLEXM_LOGICOUT3 ,

pip INT_BRAM_X3Y3 NW2E1 -> SW2B0 ,

pip INT_X2Y2 SW2E0 -> SW2B0 ,

pip INT_X4Y2 LOGICOUT3 -> NW2B1 ,

pip IOI_INT_X1Y1 SW2E0 -> LOGICIN_B15 ,

;

net "NEW_INSTANCE" ,

outpin "NEW_INSTANCE" AQ,

inpin "NEW_INSTANCE" A3 ,

inpin "NEW_INSTANCE" A2 ,

inpin "NEW_INSTANCE" A1 ,

inpin "NEW_INSTANCE" AX ,

inpin "NEW_INSTANCE" CLK ,

pip BIOI_INNER_X1Y1 IOI_LOGICINB15 -> D1_OLOGIC_SITE_S ,

pip INT_X4Y2 LOGICOUT3 -> NW2B1 ,

pip IOI_INT_X1Y1 SW2E0 -> LOGICIN_B15 ,

;

By doing so I while converting those designs back to netlist circuit description file I faced several errors

Error: PhysDesignRules : 1709- Incomplete connectivity.The pin <SR> of component block <NEW_INSTANCE> is used and partially connected to network <Mmux_S[2]_t1[3]_wide_mux_11_OUT7_split<0>>. All networks must have complete connectivity throughout the comp hierarchy and the connectivity for this pin must be removed or completed

Error : PhysDesignRules:764 - Slew rate not set.Since it is used for output and is IOSTANDARD is LVCM0S25 IOB comp <A0> needs a slew rate to be set

Error: PhysDesignRules : 1968 - Drive strength not set Since it is used for output and is IOSTANDARD is LVCM0S25 IOB comp <A0>,OUTBUF needs drive strength < or output termination mode > need to be set

these errors are repeated for all the cpmponents and I am clear on adding new components, nets , pip  at XDL level .Please anyone give me the explanations....

Thank You,

0 Kudos