UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor vegovin
Visitor

Require minimum clock to Q delay for SPARTAN-3AN

Hi,

I am using SPARTAN-3AN device. In order to calculate the hold margin I need to have the minimum clock to Q delay. At the monment datsheet only provide maximun clock to Q delay. Please let me know how to consider this Tcq delay(min) for calculating the hold margin.

Regards,

Venkatesh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: Require minimum clock to Q delay for SPARTAN-3AN

When you built your design, the static timing report will show you min and max timing in the "datasheet" section at the end.  Note that you should select a verbose report and enable the data sheet section in the post P&R static timing generation options.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@vegovin wrote:

Hi,

I am using SPARTAN-3AN device. In order to calculate the hold margin I need to have the minimum clock to Q delay. At the monment datsheet only provide maximun clock to Q delay. Please let me know how to consider this Tcq delay(min) for calculating the hold margin.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Hold time on input pins? Or hold time inside the FPGA fabric?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor vegovin
Visitor

Hi,

You can give me hold margin with respect to input pin. I would be good if you can share the data for the IC fabric also.

Thanks and regards,

Venkatesh

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@vegovin wrote:

Hi,

You can give me hold margin with respect to input pin.

The Spartan 3AN FPGA Family Data Sheet (DS557) details setup and hold time for various combinations of IFD_DELAY_VALUE and specific parts. Did you read that document? 

I would be good if you can share the data for the IC fabric also.

That same document -- WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE READ -- has those details, too. Pro Tip: in the FPGA fabric, the slices are designed so that the flops have a zero hold time requirement. 

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos