UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPARTAN 3

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am a complete newbie so please be gentle.

I have download the latest free limited webpack 2014.2 to experiment with the SPARTAN 3 FPGA on Ubuntu 14.04.  However, I don't see the Spartan 3 listed in the GUI although the website says that it is still supported.  I started to load the new tools from help menu of the Vivado Gui but it looks like this is not a free licence.

I would appreciate some guidance as I cannot locate the information from googling or more likely do not know the 'lingo' to search for!!

Many thanks,

James
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SPARTAN 3

Jump to solution

Hi

Vivado supports only 7 series and ultrascale devices.

You need to use ISE if you want to use spartan3 device for your design.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

Vivado supports only 7 series and ultrascale devices.

You need to use ISE if you want to use spartan3 device for your design.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

The expected information for you can be found in UG973 Vivado Design Suite User Guide Release Notes, Installation, 

and Licensing which is available at

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

You can check the below snapshots from same UG to find architecture support and supported operating systems with vivado 2014.2.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Make sure that you install the software on supported OS.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos