UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

SRAM interface to Kintex 7 FPGA

Hi,

I am using Kintex 7 FPGA (XC7K160T-2FBG676I).

I need to interface SRAM (CY7C1614KV18-250BZI) to Bank 12 and 13 of FPGA. 

The pins of SRAM to be interfaced to FPGA are :

A=21 numbers

D=36 numbers

Q=36 numbers

Control=11 numbers

Can I share the Address and Control of SRAM to bank 12 and 13 of FPGA so as to completely utilise the pins (50+50) in bank 12 and 13 (due to limitation of IOs in other bank). 

Please provide suggestions on the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Nibin Das S

Accepted Solutions

Re: SRAM interface to Kintex 7 FPGA

The Part you using is a QDRII part which is not supported in 7-series MIG IP. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mig_7series/v4_2/ug586_7Series_MIS.pdf

If you are using your own IP, then its up to the custom IP if it allows the sharing of address & control lines. No restrictions from our end as your are not using MIG IP. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

The Part you using is a QDRII part which is not supported in 7-series MIG IP. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mig_7series/v4_2/ug586_7Series_MIS.pdf

If you are using your own IP, then its up to the custom IP if it allows the sharing of address & control lines. No restrictions from our end as your are not using MIG IP. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

I have changed the part to CY7C2644KV18-300BZXI, which is a QDRII+ device.

Is there any restriction of connecting to any bank or should the banks be consecutive.

Thanks and Regards,

Nibin