cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhameed
Visitor
Visitor

Selling an FPGA board?

Is there a place where we can sell an FPGA development board. A while ago we bought a VCU110 development board but it turned out not to be the right solution for our needs and we eventually ended up instead getting a different set of board. So now we have this $15000 board sitting with us as dead weight. Hence the question if there is a place / forum where it is possible to sell such a board.

Note: I am not positive if it is the right forum to ask this question so please let me know if this is not the appropriate place for this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

There's no buy & sell section on the Xilinx forums. Probably too much risk and too much work for no real benefit (after all, Xilinx would prefer that people bought new FPGA boards rather than second-hand ones).

You could talk to your local Xilinx FAE and/or training provider. They're probably well-aquainted with the local Xilinx users and might know of someone who's looking for a board.

0 Kudos
rhameed
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the response. I do understand that we are not likely to have a buy/sell forum here, but I was wondering if there does exist some venue where people buy/sell this type of equipment or does that concept not exist at all. Thanks for the suggestion on contacting the FAE, I will try that though as you said they don't really have an incentive to facilitate a sale like this.
0 Kudos
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

Perhaps FAEs are the wrong group. Our local FAE combines consulting FPGA development, XIlinx training, and Xilinx sales. While we've never tried to sell a board through them, I suspect that they'd be pretty happy to at least tell us if any customer was after such a thing - after all, if the buyer saves maybe $5000 on the board compared to having a brand new one shipped from the USA, that's $5000 more they can pay for consulting development and training services. These are likely to be very profitable, whereas the hardware sales tend not to be (have to compete with Avnet, Digikey, etc).

0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@rhameed

Depending on your region, try out ebay.

The Android app Shpock is also popular these days.

Else there are other tech. forums where you can advertise on a regular basis.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos
rhameed
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks guys for the suggestions. All great pointers!

Will follow these and hopefully we can get this off our hands to someone who needs it and in the process both parties could benefit.

0 Kudos