UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer multiprobe
Observer

Simulation vs Hardwrae implementation issues

Hi all,

I am tryign to use 10G BASE-r core and optic cable to program a custom board of DACs/ADCs from the zynq(ZC-706).

The 10G-BASE-R trasnmisssion/reception has been tested and works succesfully with the custom board. 

When I try to add additional logic(sequential), which is controlled by a dervied clock from the system clock, the simulation behaves perfectly as expected from the logic,but the final output after synthesis,implementation and running on hardware doesnt .

I am trying to program an AD5791 DAC (http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/AD5791.pdf) , so I provide a SCLK,SYNC,SDIN exactly as per manual. The simulation ( both behavioral ,and post-impementation timing simulation) works correctly as expected. When tested separately , without the 10G-BASE core, the additional logic for the SPI signals to the DAC works correctly.

When integrated with the 10G BASE  core , Without any critical warning or error in the synthesis and implementation, I observe that the sync signal frequency doubles in the final hardware realization . ie its on for 1 cycle and off for 12 cycles and has a period of 13 cycles, instead of what it was programmed for ( ON for 2 cycles, OFF for 24 cycles).

Is it possible that I can still have timing/routing issues without getting critical warnings?

Even if there are violations/issues, is it possible the signal frequency doubles and time period halves exactly ?

Vivado version used - 2014.4

Thanks

Sowmya

0 Kudos