Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Spartan 3a dsp 1800a(ug454 evaluation board) Ethernet communication with pc

Jump to solution

hi

I just want to start implementing temac example design on the spartan3a dsp board. as I dont find the xilinx's documents useful, I would appreciate if you help me step by step. here are my questions :

i created example design provided by temac and generated its bit file without any modification.Then i tried to ping from pc. but i can not find its echo. so i done the following

1. while pinging i set my own ip using ARP command. i chose mac address of board as "unicast address" specified in the top vhdl example design file.

2. I generated temac ip with default configuration option.(ie. GMII interface,half duplex,address filter enabled,10/100/100 mbps speed,clock enable.)

3. by default setting of board is such that auto negotiation enable ,full duplex etc. but didn't changed the jumper positions.

4.Auto generated UCF pins are different from that is given in data sheet. so i changed pin location.

and also generated ucf is not complete i think. because it do not mention all transmitter signals.

As a fresher i can not fix the issue. so anybody please help me to find the solution for pinging correctly. i am trying to send a UDP packet from pc to board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Check below link

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Interfacing-Ethernet-Spartan-3E/td-p/448012

Also note that the example design generated with the core doesn't have any stack to reply to ping commands.

You should either use networking stack like LWIP or write your own logic if you want to implement this feature with the standalone core with out the processor and networking stack.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Check below link

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Interfacing-Ethernet-Spartan-3E/td-p/448012

Also note that the example design generated with the core doesn't have any stack to reply to ping commands.

You should either use networking stack like LWIP or write your own logic if you want to implement this feature with the standalone core with out the processor and networking stack.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for your replay sir. i will try to solve it out.       

0 Kudos