cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsub IP Core integration

Hey there,

I am currently facing some problems:

First of all everthing is functioning fine if i am not using IP Cores. But for versioning an so on, I would like to use them.

I want to use a IP Core that includes IP Core that includes IP Cores that includes IP Cores.

Main Project \ IP Core Top Instants \ IP Core First Sub Instants \ IP Core Second Sub Instants\ IP Core Third Sub Instants

Main Project: Connects many IP Cores.

IP Core First Sub Instants: Some Main Function.

IP Core Second Sub Instants: Often used function like a self programmed PWM generator.

IP Core Third Sub Instants: The PWM generator is using e.g. a IP Core Multiplier from Xilinx.

First Problem: I am packaging the PWM generator including the Multiplier (Screenshot 1). Then i am including the IP Core PWM Generator to the Main Function. Generating all IP Files. After that i am want to package the Main Function as an IP Core (Screenshot 2). As soon as i press the Package IP Core Button Vivado shows me that the sub ip core defintion of the multiplier that is included in the xilinix libary is not found in the catalog and the core is locked. (Screenshot 3)

First of all i want to solve this problem.

May be i miss understand the use of a ip core or the problem is the reconfiguration of the ip core in the ip core.

Thanks for help your help

Steffen.

xilinx1.JPG
xilinx2.JPG
xilinx3.JPG
0 Kudos
3 Replies

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Are both the projects creating in same version of tool?

It looks like the Multiplier core is generated from older version of tool. Go to Tools--> report --> report IP status and try upgrading the IP. See if this helps.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @steffenthiermann 

Did you try upgrading the IP? Did that help?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos