cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

Support Ticket

Is there any way we can somehow pay for actual support like through a support ticket?    I am having a major problem with my DisplayPort 1.4 TX design on Zynq UltraScale+ and the forums just aren’t helping.  If I cannot get support we will need to look into other options.  
Thanks.  
Tim

5 Replies
joancab
Teacher
Teacher

Forum + money = magnet for, em, let's say, low profile pseudo professionals.

In my opinion, if you need dedicated support, I would suggest looking for a contractor somewhere you can somehow vet people, like LinkedIn or similar.

Even in freelancer.net you can find good people, if what you need fits its model.

tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

@joancab Thanks for the reply.  Yeah I agree.   I was hoping for support somehow directly from Xilinx.

Tim

richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

@tim_severance 

Yes there is. Buy more chips.

Unfortunately only the biggest buyers even get access to support direct from Xilinx. Otherwise you need to raise a ticket on the forum. Intel/Altera have gone the same way.

joancab
Teacher
Teacher

That's certainly a way, tell your FAE you plan to build 100s of boards per month and they will fly engineers to you from the opposite point of the planet if needed. It's just business.

anatoli

Hello @tim_severance ,

Unfortunately, the Community Forums are the "support mechanism" for the most customers. As correctly indicated above, only a small amount of large companies get direct support from Xilinx.

You can contact your local Xilinx Sales Rep and see what can be done here, in relation to get direct support from Xilinx. 

However, due to the recent changed in Xilinx Policy, unfortunately, not everyone has access to directly open SRs with Xilinx Technical Support. That doesn't mean that Xilinx has stop supporting some customers, no. Yes, the options have been changed how you raise an issue, but you can still receive a support from Xilinx Technical Support either via your local FAE/Authorized Distributor/XUP, who can create a new SR on your behalf (even if you haven't purchased Xilinx products directly from them but directly from Xilinx), or posting your issue on the forums is the right approach here too, as we have many engineers involved in Xilinx Forums and Forums are continually monitored to make sure the users' queries and issues are addressed in a timely manner.

Therefore, if needed, you can contact your local FAE/Authorized Distributor and they can open a new SR on your behalf (if they won't be able to answer your query themselves, as in some cases they can provide a direct support/answer to some questions, depending on the complexity of the issue).

Hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------