Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

TPG+Ethernet output

Hi @xud,

I succeed displaying frames generated by the TPG using the VGA and the HDMI outputs. Now I'm tryng to do the same using the Ethernet output (RJ45 connector).

Is there any tutorial that can be helpful.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @mkooli,

This is really more complex to do it over ethernet... You may want to look of an IP encapsulation/video over IP solution. I am not sure you will find anything free...

There is an IP from our partner macnica (http://www.macnicatech.com/)

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Video Over IP is used to transfer Video Stream through Ethernet but they transfer SDI video stream.

You can take a look at xapp1194 : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1194-smpte2022-1-2-over-ip.pdf

Or you can use VDMA to buffer the Video Stream from TPG, and then driver it to Ethernet IP. I personally haven't tested such application. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @mkooli,

You can try the xapp1194 as mentioned by @xud for test purposes but keep in my that this IP is discontinued so you wont be able to buy it from Xilinx.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

OK thank you @florentw @xud

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @xud @florentw,

I saw the xapp119, but this is not really what I'm trying to do.

I'm using VDMA to buffer the Video Stream from TPG, and then driver it to Ethernet IP, I didn't find any tutorial explaining this task o you have anything to propose. I want also know what driver must I use to diplay frames after receiving data in my PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi mkooli,

We don't have tutorial or example on this. But I do see some customer make it work using VDMA to buffer Video Stream data (8bpc) to Ethernet Data (32 bit data width). The driver for VDMA and TPG should be similar to the project what you have done.

The difference here is you try to use Ethernet. Feel free to post question to Networking and Connectivity Board if you need more help at Ethernet IP side. 

0 Kudos