UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jaga_nitc
Visitor

Timing fail for 64 bit division in fsm running @ 50MHz.

Hi All,

I want to do 64 bit division and square root operation within a fsm running at 50MHz. My current implementation has failed to obey timing constraints. I changed to implementation to expect the output of the division and square root operations after two clock cycles. That is, i added a dummy state to wait for the operation to complete. In other words, fsm will expect the result after 40 ns instead of 20ns. Is there any way to specify timing constraint for my fsm to expect output after 2 clock cycles ?.

Regards,

Jaga
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Timing fail for 64 bit division in fsm running @ 50MHz.

The search term you need is "multi-cycle path". Searching for that and "ISE" or "Vivado" will bring up plenty of useful information for how to specify a multi-cycle path in whichever tools you're using.

With that said, if this is the same combinational 64-bit divider you had before, I suspect that two cycles won't be enough.

0 Kudos