UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor wesnell
Visitor

Trouble installing the petalinux SDK in Ubuntu

Jump to solution

I am having several problems installing the petalinux SDK.  I installed the tools to /opt/pkg according to documentation and everything went fine until the licensing phase.  Firstly, the command "xlcm" was not found on my terminal and I could not locate the file xlcm on my computer.  I got around this by copying the license file to ~/.xilinx directory.   Secondly, the script settings.sh complains about not being run in bash shell despite the fact that SHELL=/bin/bash and quick look at the running processes reveals that bash is indeed running.  Lastly, when I got to the BSP install phase it complains about improper licensing, so I guess I never got that right. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor wesnell
Visitor

Re: Trouble installing the petalinux SDK in Ubuntu

Jump to solution

For the benefit of other noobs, basically these problems stem from not having the vivado toolset installed first.  This installation supplies the license manager, xlcm, which eases the installation of the license file. Although if I had placed the license file in the .xilinx directory and not the .Xilinx directory I still might have gotten further along with the installation of petalinux SDK.  I never solved the bash problem though.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it does not create a problem down the line.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor wesnell
Visitor

Jump to solution

For the benefit of other noobs, basically these problems stem from not having the vivado toolset installed first.  This installation supplies the license manager, xlcm, which eases the installation of the license file. Although if I had placed the license file in the .xilinx directory and not the .Xilinx directory I still might have gotten further along with the installation of petalinux SDK.  I never solved the bash problem though.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it does not create a problem down the line.

0 Kudos
Visitor raghup17
Visitor

Jump to solution

Try:

ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh 

to solve the sh problem. It is worth solving the shell issue now as it might come back and bite you when you are booting your board with your design.

Jump to solution

I had the "/bin/sh is not bash" problem also and raghup17's post helped me fix it.

Just want to mention that I had to first remove /bin/sh, as follows:

sudo rm /bin/sh

sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

0 Kudos