UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer snowman777
Observer

Tutorial on using C++ code to access VHDL created hardware

Hi everyone,

This is my first post :) I have a Zynq 702 board and what I am trying to acheieve is to run a C++ program on the board and have it also access the FPGA virtual hardware to make calcualtions. Are there any tuturials out there that show atleast how create some virtual hardware ( VHDL:) and have a C++ program access the hardware created all on the board ?. I have been able to run C+++ programs through the linux kernel on the board, but still not sure how to bridge the program with the FPGA  Thanks a lot .

Jeremy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Tutorial on using C++ code to access VHDL created hardware

Hi @ Snawman,

Please find the below lonk may help.

https://sites.google.com/site/powellsshowcase/projects/thesis-zynq/1introductiontothehardwareanddevelopmentenvironments

http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/soc/zynq-7000.html

Thanks,
Sarada

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful. Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Re: Tutorial on using C++ code to access VHDL created hardware

Thank you ,

This is a great introduction tutorial. I was looking for something more a long the lines of a software program accessing creating logic designs. Example ( C++ program accessing created VHDL logic components  ). Any help will be appreciated it 

Jeremy

0 Kudos