UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ctambat
Visitor

UART RS232 Interface

Hi,

I am fairly new to Vivado, and I am trying to setup an Interface between PC and FPGA(VC707 Board).

My plan is to use the RS232 Interface on UART IP to send and receive data from PC.
The FPGA on other hand will use this data from PC and do some manupulations on the data and send the data back to PC.

I tried to see the BIST sample project for UART but it uses MicroBlaze which I dont want to use.

I also check the Simulations generated from the UART Example Project but it uses AXI Traffic Generator to send and receive data between 2 UART without using RS232 port.

Is there any sample project available for UART which use RS232 for communication with PC without using Microblaze.

Is there any more reading material available which can help me to understand this communication.

Thanks,
Chinmay

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: UART RS232 Interface

All versions of Vivado have the "Wavegen" example  project. This project has a full RTL implementation of both the RX and TX sides of a UART.

You should be able to use this as a starting point for what you want to do.

Avrum

0 Kudos