Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Unable to change and add new instance in Vivado

Jump to solution

I have generated a "ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma" IP from Vivado 16.4. It contains a module "ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_gt" for which I need to create 2-instances inside "ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_block" module.

Now, I have named the 2-instances as "ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_gt_i0 and ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_gt_i1". But Vivado is giving me an error stating that no such instance exists and keeps on showing me the original IP instance as "ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_gt_i".

What to do ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Check below AR to know about the flow to modify IP Files

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57546.html

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @gtushar

How you are making necessary changes in the IP core source files? Are you changing it on the disk? Please note that directly making modifications outside of Vivado can result in your changes being removed, as the IP core might get reset or regenerated during the flow. It is important that you mark the IP core as being under user management or lock it before making edits.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link of UG896 page 115:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug896-vivado-ip.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @gtushar,

Are you still facing the issue?

Can you please share the steps you followed to create the instances inside "ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma_block" module.

Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Check below AR to know about the flow to modify IP Files

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57546.html

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos