Did you mean: 
namabo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unable to give kudos

Hi everybody,

I don't know whether this is the right place to post, however,

I can't give kudos!!!

When I try to give kudos I click on the button but nothing happens...

Thenk you

11 Replies
xilinxacct
Instructor
Instructor

@namabo 

One thought... make sure you are logged in at the time... also, maybe it was a temporary glitch... please try again.

Hope that Helps

If so, Please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
namabo
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unfourtnatly for me it's not a temporary issue;

I'm writing this post and I'm able to mark "accepted solution" but unable to give kudos...

drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

I have the same problem on some computers I use,
the common seems to be windows 7 and IE fails,
but its flaky , it has worked then stopped, .
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
namabo
Adventurer
Adventurer

I'm running on:

PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (stretch)"

and

Firefox Quantum 60.6.1esr (64-bit)

0 Kudos
markcurry
Scholar
Scholar

Check any adblockers/noscript extensions added to your browser.  As I recall, I had to unblock a specific site just to get "kudos" to work (most other functions of these forums worked with this unblock).  

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @namabo ,

Have you tried clearing your internet cache (Ctrl+F5) and also your cookies on Firefox? Sometimes that helps. Please try doing this, then close out Firefox altogether and re-open it again and then see if Kudos working now or still seeing the same behaviour?

Also, check the following similar forum thread (https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Kudos-not-working/m-p/910971?advanced=false&collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:NewUser&q=kudos&search_type=thread), and see if you got NoScript Firefox plugin installed. As corrected mentioned by @u4223374, NoScript is a Firefox plugin that blocks scripts (little programs integrated into web pages). This improves security and performance, but also tends to break a lot of websites. However, you can tell it to enable scripts for sites that you specify - on the Xilinx forums addthis.com is required to allow Kudos to work.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
hpbhat_grl
Observer
Observer

Hi, 

Even I have the same problem in Chrome.

Tried clearing cache. No use. Able to accept as Solution but unable to give kudos

With regards,

Hariprasad

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @hpbhat_grl ,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are currently researching this issue and will respond back to you shortly.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Dont know if its related,

but now I can't modify my own posts , the menu to do so has gone !

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @drjohnsmith ,

It seem like sometimes this can occur using a particular internet browser. I've noticed myself that on Firefox in my case, the Edit menu (i.e. "3 dots") beside a post isn't there for me, where as on my Chrome, this "3-dots" menu is there.

So, to me, this is something to do with some setting on each internet browser? I haven't figure out yet what exactly causing this. I will update you once I have more info regarding this matter.

For the curiosity, on what exact internet browser are you seeing/saw this issue?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

thank you @anatoli

I can appreciate the problem of supporting multiple browsers,

The one I seem to have a problem with is IE11 , which I have no control over due to the large company having procedures in place...

0 Kudos