Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dschussheim
Explorer
Explorer

Unable to reply to a post: post flooding detected

Jump to solution

I try to reply to a response on my own post, and when I click the "Reply" button, nothing happens. If I press again I get this error message above the reply box:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

Is this a forum issue, browser issue? Why can't I post replies?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @dschussheim 

I was too facing this issue, just copy your content/response into notepad and refresh the forum page, once refreshed click the Reply option to paste the contents from notepad.

Make a note, clicking on Load option and posting will again issues the error you mentioned.

If this has answered your query then close this thread by accepting it as a solution so that it can help other users too.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
dschussheim
Explorer
Explorer

This is a test. Posting worked, I want to see if posting a reply works.

miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@dschussheim I just experienced the same issue.  I closed my Chrome browser, re-launched, and then created a reply from scratch (not loading something previously saved) and was able to get it working again.  I have had that happen to me twice in the last several weeks but each time I followed these steps and it seemed to work.

Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.
dschussheim
Explorer
Explorer

I'm using firefox, but I've also tried chrome, on two different computers. This solution has not worked for me in any browser.

I was able to post part of the reply, so I guess I will try to post small enough pieces that it actually posts. It seems like its a length of reply problem maybe?

0 Kudos
dschussheim
Explorer
Explorer

Even breaking into smaller parts didn't work reliably. I just attached my response as a PDF. I've never had a problem like this when posting here.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @dschussheim ,

Do you still seeing issues or has this been resolved now?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
dschussheim
Explorer
Explorer

I am no longer having issues with this.

ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @dschussheim 

I was too facing this issue, just copy your content/response into notepad and refresh the forum page, once refreshed click the Reply option to paste the contents from notepad.

Make a note, clicking on Load option and posting will again issues the error you mentioned.

If this has answered your query then close this thread by accepting it as a solution so that it can help other users too.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

eml
Explorer
Explorer

I've been having this problem a lot recently, and the replies from @ansarimo , @anatoli , and @miker haven't helped.

I'm using both Firefox and Chrome, and have tried refreshing, closing all browsers and restarting, clearing Xilinx cookies, and discarding the auto-saved reply. Nothing worked, but I can post a completely different reply.

0 Kudos
stacias
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @eml  @ansarimo , @anatoli , and @miker ,

I've reported this issue to support and they are researching. I will provide a status update as soon as available.

Thanks,

Stacia

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
0 Kudos
eml
Explorer
Explorer

This is a weird one - not entirely sure that it's the same as the original issue. Take a lookat this forum post.

I tried to post this yesterday, after creating it with the HTML editor, using two indented regions for the two alternatives, with bulleted points. Pressing 'reply' did nothing, and the 'preview' showed nothing. Eventually, on maybe the 3rd attempt, I got the flooding message.

I tried again this morning, with the reply button doing nothing (only tried once), and no preview.

I then posted the plain text version at the link, and the reply went through Ok. So probably something to do with HTML content in the post, I think.

stacias
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @eml ,

Looks like your reply got caught in our Spam Quarantine. This is probably due to the post being edited and HTML content in the post. I have cleared so you should be good to go now.

Best,

Stacia

tamas.kiss
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. I didn't edit the HTML, but I have used sub-bullets. Using only a single level of bullets worked for me.

ghuang1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @stacias 

I think I am in the same situation now on the post

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/VC707-IBUFGDS-inout-pin-IOSTANDARD/m-p/1253709#M30692

I was trying to post reply last night and was not able to as if the browser is frozen. 

After several attempt, I was able to reply from another browser as split the reply to 4 smaller replies. 

I got email that thread got one reply but I can not see it, actually I can see there are 4 replies, but that is not clickable. 

Thanks,

Gang

0 Kudos
stacias
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @ghuang1 , looks like your post was caught in spam quarantine. Are you still encountering issues when replying to post?

Thanks,

Stacia

ghuang1
Contributor
Contributor

It is good now. Thanks