UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie eprom04

Using a XC9572XL to drive a 2 digit 7 segments lcd display

I was about to use some normal XOR ports to do the job but since I am just starting to

use this CPLD for fun I wonder if I can better use it and possibly add some other features

not present in the very first design. I would like for instance to know if the chip I am using

is capable (beside the XOR combinational logic) to add two 8 bit latches to store the status

of both the 7 segment digits. I think I read also in this forum that t´s possible to change a port

type of a not port to become a schmitt trigger port and thus be usable as rc oscillator for the 30 Hz

clock needed to drive the lcd. Is it true and possible? So basically the questions are two, can I add two

8 bit latches to the circuit? And, can I use a port as schmitt trigger to make a low frequency rc oscillator?

Thank you so much

Regards

Francesco

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Using a XC9572XL to drive a 2 digit 7 segments lcd display

Yes to both questions.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Newbie eprom04

Re: Using a XC9572XL to drive a 2 digit 7 segments lcd display

Thank you.

0 Kudos