UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Using a port a clock source on ZC706 board

Jump to solution

Hi!

I am working on creating a block design in Vivado IDE (v2015.1). After the design is completed, I load that onto the ZC706 (Zynq 7000 Processor) board.

clock.JPG

Can someone please let me know about how to use the port('Clk') as a clock source for my design, and also how to define it in the .xdc file (design constraints file).

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Using a port a clock source on ZC706 board

Jump to solution

@vinaygattu Do this

Use utility buffer to convert diff clk to single ended then apply  clk to counter ip.

clk_p

clk_n --> IBUFDS --> CLK--> counter

This should work

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

you can find some example here

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/university/Vivado-Teaching/Digital-Design/2014x/docs-pdf/xup_building_basic_elements_lab.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/university/vivado/vivado-teaching-material/digital-design.html

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@vinaygattu Just apply clock,IOstandard and package pin constraint on clock port in XDC.

Something like this and pin constraint

create_clock -period 5.000 -name sysclk -waveform {0.000 2.500} [get_ports clk]

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @pratham,

There is a system clock source at 200MHz. The signal pair is named SYSCLK_P and SYSCLK_N and each signal is connected to U1 (pins H9 and G9, respectively) on the XC7Z045 AP SoC.

I used these commands in the .xdc file.

set_property PACKAGE_PIN G9 [get_ports Clk]

set_property IOSTANDARD LVDS [get_ports Clk]

I am still not getting the clock output fro that port. 

Is it possible to define our own clock without using any pin on the ZC706 board?

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@vinaygattu Do this

Use utility buffer to convert diff clk to single ended then apply  clk to counter ip.

clk_p

clk_n --> IBUFDS --> CLK--> counter

This should work

-Pratham

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Thank you, Pratham!

Clock is working now.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi,

i am using Zc706 first time.so I am trying to get system clock in a led but i am getting.

XDC and vhdl file i am attaching here 

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

verma.rahul58@ymail.com please don't restart old closed threads. Start a new thread with more detailed information on your problem.

One quick comment is that you will not be able to observe a clock toggling with an LED. Any clock will be too fast to observe and it will  just look like a constant amplitude at some fixed brightness, not a toggle.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Observer mohaimen_himu
Observer

Jump to solution

Would you please suggest appropriate pin for sys_diff_clk required for utility buffer ip.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Observer mohaimen_himu
Observer

Jump to solution
I am using zc706 board
0 Kudos