Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elidrissi
Contributor
Contributor

VCU108 evaluation board external loopback with QSFP28+fiber

Hello,

I have a problem with VCU108 evaluation board, I cant make an external loopback with QSFP28+fiber but when I use the loopback without fiber (the connector coming with the board) it works very good, I cant figure out what s the problem.

Please I need your help.

Thank you in advance.

Driss.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
saradapr
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @elidrissi,

Can you confirm the the Far end PCS loopback working.

Also please replace the Fiber cable . 

Thanks,

Sarada

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Can you give more details on what exactly is not working when you do a external cable loopback?

Are you seeing data errors or no data being looped back?

how are you sending the data?

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
elidrissi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

The far PCS loop-back doesn't work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
elidrissi
Contributor
Contributor

For more details, I use the IP core IBERT, I configure it to work in this mode 4x25.78125G using the Quad 127 and the appropriate clock 156.25 MHz as mentioned in the documentation then I generate the example design. In this case Vivado generate automatically the XDC file. The bistream is successfully generated and the VCU108 evaluation board is correctly programed. everything works very good with the loop-back without fiber (the loop-back connector given with vcu108 Evaluation board) and each link transmit and receive 25.78125G but when I use my QSFP28 + fiber I can see in Serial I/O Analyzer that there is no-link  and I didn't see any data errors.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos