UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gtouma
Visitor

Virtex 6 ML605 (Urgent Question)

Hi,

I have the virtex 6 ml605.

I would like to use the I/O pins with a time resolution of 1 ns (1 GHz frequency).

After reading the data sheets, I am confused as to what is the maximum resolution (frequency) I can operate the I/O pins at.

Can you please point out the section in the datasheets that mentions that? I would like to know what is the maximum possible frequency achievable, and whether this requires an external oscillator or not. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor evgenis1
Advisor

Re: Virtex 6 ML605 (Urgent Question)

Hi,

This information is found in Switching Characteristics datasheet for Virtex6 (link).

Interface Performance section on page 25

IO Pad characteristics on page 28-32

Thanks,

Evgeni

v6_1.jpg
0 Kudos
Visitor gtouma
Visitor

Re: Virtex 6 ML605 (Urgent Question)

@evgenis1 Can you please explain how can I get the delay resolution (i.e. delay between different IO pins) that I get from the FPGA? It looks like these numbers are propagation delays in the signal chain, but not the minimum delay achievable between two channels.

Thanks,

Gerard 

0 Kudos