Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado KC705 JTAG "No devices detected on target"

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to connect to the FPGA on the KC705 board but I get the error "No devices detected on target" error.

I have done the following debugging:
- Tried connecting with Vivado 16.2
- Verified all the jumper positions
- Removed all FPC boards
- Reinstalled the Digilent drivers

- Reinstalled Vivado
- Restarted computer

Vivado shows that it can communicate with the Digilent JTAG but that it can't see the FPGA. I'm thinking that I got a dead FPGA. Can someone confirm whether or not there is something I am missing and if I should get a replacement?

Thanks,

Robbie

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Tenzinc,

I tried all of your suggestions, some I tried already. The power rails look good. There is no damage. This is also a brand new board that I just pulled out of the box. I'm going to send it back since it looks broken.

Thanks,

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Rbanks,

1) Run through the "Troubleshooting a Hardware Target" section of the UG908 guide first, then go through the below KC705 debug AR:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50079.html

2) Make sure not only the proper cable drivers(32 bit vs 64 bit or driver version) are installed but that they are accessible to Vivado Hard Ware manager. The latter of which is more common with Linux users. 

3) Be careful here but you can try probing to see the FPGA power rails are being supplied properly. Probe the rails make sure that board power controller or regulator has not tripped due to a trigger of some sort. The AR above should cover a lot on this.

4) Carefully observe the board for any damage. Mechanical damage from shock/drop? Try pressing down on the diligent card and refreshing. 

5) If all else fails you can try filing a support request or board RMA if your board is still within warranty period. 

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Tenzinc,

I tried all of your suggestions, some I tried already. The power rails look good. There is no damage. This is also a brand new board that I just pulled out of the box. I'm going to send it back since it looks broken.

Thanks,

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos