cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado Logic Analyzer Procedure

I have been using Vivado Logic Analyzer for months. and believe me it took so much time to properly see the debug singals on waveform.  I usually mark the debug signals on block design and then synthesize and generate bitstream . But sometimes i can see my clock on debug "FCLK" or sometimes "ProcessingSystemFCLK, using (Setup_debug on synthesized designs ) . Then also sometimes i can see proper transiitons of waveform on ILA , and sometimes i can see only one straight value there;  No transiitons whatsoever. Sometimes I get LUTRAM error and sometimes the bit stream generated successfully.

It will be appreciated if one can tell me the proper sequence for debugging signals and whether first to program device using Vivado or using SDK. And also kindly clarify above points too.

thanks so much

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @live4perfection

Check this tutorial: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf

It will help you.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@vuppala thanks for this tutorial . But i had followed exact steps and there there is a sentence :

set clock domain as " zynq_design_1_i/processing_system7_0/inst/FCLK_CLK0"

This exact domain i cannot find in synthesized design !!

So this might be a problem. what should i do ? and sometimes it is usually shown in some projects and in some it wont. :/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

No . Thanks It work. One signal is missing to capture it.

that clock domain is not  an issue :)

THANKS AGAIN :)

0 Kudos