UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Observer
Accepted Solution

(Vivado) block memory reset pin

Hi.

I'm a beginner for designing digital system on FPGAs.

I'm using kintex 7 family FPGA and design my system with verilog code on Vivado Design Suite.

I wanna use block memory and what I want is to reset all of data in block memory by 0 value.

When I open IP core of block memory, there is option for whether I would use rsta pin.

In datasheet of block memory, it says about rsta pin like below.

"Port A Set/Reset: Resets the Port A memory output latch or output
register. Optional in all configurations."

Does it means what I wanna do ? (reset all of data in block memory by 0 value)

Can I reset all of the data in block memory to 0 value by insert a pulse to rsta pin?

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: (Vivado) block memory reset pin

No, that will not do what you require. The only ways to clear a block RAM are (a) reconfigure the relevant section of the FPGA (ir. partial reconfiguration) or (b) step through each address and clear it to zero. The block RAM has no functionality for a single-cycle clear.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Scholar

Re: (Vivado) block memory reset pin

No, that will not do what you require. The only ways to clear a block RAM are (a) reconfigure the relevant section of the FPGA (ir. partial reconfiguration) or (b) step through each address and clear it to zero. The block RAM has no functionality for a single-cycle clear.