UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome & Join Board Guidelines

Hello,

I just wanted to inform newbies and remind our returning members that this "Welcome and Join" board is a place to introduce yourself and get acquainted with the community. It’s also a great place to provide feedback on your Community Forums experience. Get started today by introducing yourself and reviewing our Xilinx Community Guidelines.

If you have a technical inquiry please search our community or browse our technical categories such as Programmable Devices or Embedded Solutions before posting here. You are also more likely to receive help from experts who might only be looking through the forums of their interest/specialty.

If you aren't sure where your question belongs, please feel free to post it on the board you believe is most applicable (including this one), and if the moderators feel that the post would do better on a different board, they will move it to the correct board for you.

Thanks and happy posting!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
26 Replies

Re: Welcome & Join Board

ok, thanks and sorry! I posted my last question here by mistake!
Visitor nikdollas
Visitor

Hi, nice to meet you !

I am newbie and hope that here i can find some help to get started.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie avuzman

Hello forum members,

I am new to the forum and was hoping to discuss some of the topics with the people 

here.

Just tried posting a new message and got Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Is there a particular verification process needs to be complete prior posting other that signing in to my account?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Observer mkachar
Observer

Hi All;

I'am a newbie to this community, and had to shift my domain from board design to fpga coding in verilog. I would value any kind of advice; from where to start. Please help me out!!!!

regards

0 Kudos
Newbie naveen.gs

Hello Forum Members,

I am a newbie as member but I have used the forum for many years. Thanks for all the time you have spent in answering a questions. They have helped me solve many of the problems that I have faced so far.

I wish I can contribute a little and continue to learn from the forum

Thanks you for Posting!

0 Kudos
Visitor tianhufei
Visitor

Hello Everyone

I am an entry-level FPGA design engineer in China. I hope I can exchange experience with other tough guys up here. Well, mostly.
0 Kudos
Newbie kevinfpga

i am new to this community. I am urgently looking to buy two ZCU102 boards and was unable to find any ordering link on Xilinx. Would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right place to order these kits. thanks a lot. kevin

0 Kudos
Newbie testytesty

Looking forward to learning more from this forum

0 Kudos
Visitor kltennant
Visitor

Newbie to forum and FPGA software design. Much to learn about FPGA based on forum postings reviewed so far. But immediate interest is understanding how to configure and test Zynq DDR Controller and ECC logic.

0 Kudos
Newbie hello@123

Hello forum members,

I am new to the forum and was hoping to discuss some of the topics with the people 

here.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Newbie flundquist

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and to Ultrascale devices. I'm writing firmware to test and validate a custom board using the xczu15eg and my current hurdle is bringing up the PS DDR. It's passing the DRAM training steps in the exported psu_init.c, but I'm getting bus faults "Instruction transfer timeout" when trying to access the DDR address space from XSDB while stepping through the BSP application. I'm looking for the right discussion to post questions around this.

0 Kudos
Visitor wuryan
Visitor

Hi everyone!
0 Kudos
Administrator
Administrator

@wuryan @flundquist hello@123 @kltennant @testytesty 

Hello all! Welcome to Xilinx Community Forums.

:)

0 Kudos
Newbie zodane

Hello every one
Visitor tomh922
Visitor

Hi, I'm an analog guy in a digital world. But since I've been doing this for over 10 years now I guess that makes me a digital guy also.

I have a couple of questions that are some what n00byish but also on the deep side. And I'm dealing with legacy devices, XC2V1000 vintage. So if there's a forum area that might be more pertinent than others for this kind of stuff, I'd appreciate the direction. Thanks

tomh

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tomh922 Welcome Onboard. Virtex Family board is where you should be posting queries for your device.   https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Virtex-Family-FPGAs/bd-p/Virtex 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer iamnova
Observer

Hi all,

I  am developing a project that uses MST in the receiver side (at source) in Xilinx SDK 2016.3. I have referred Xapp1271 KC705 example project with me which I got stuck  at somewhere due to lack of reference (there are a few information in the Xapp1271 document also).

Could you please share me some example projects so that I can refer for the purpose?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Visitor arhouni
Visitor

Hi !

I am happy to join the community. I hope find some help and support to learn how to use Vivado/SDK with some Xilinx products and boards.

cheers,

AR

0 Kudos
Visitor speryt
Visitor

Hi All!

I am happy to join community. I am researcher working on various embedded systems and recently started testing Zybo board. Hope to have a great discussions here with all of you.

0 Kudos
Newbie marco.a

Hi everybody!

I'm a master student in electronic engineering and I'm currently using the the ZC706 evaluation board.

Regards

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

hello I am a newby and what to ask some questions. who knows what e-mail can I send to Xilinx if I have some complex problems.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shabbulife wrote:
hello I am a newby and what to ask some questions. who knows what e-mail can I send to Xilinx if I have some complex problems.

Forums is your best bet to get help. If you have access to file SR's then that would be the way to go if you need dedicated support. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm happy to be a part of such a large online technical community, I'm actually interested in learning new stuffs. More on DPDK and Networking in general, can someone point me towards the right direction?

I'm not a technical person, but just a content writer in an MNC, so Info stuff is what I will be more interested.
"I might not earn daily, but I learn every day and that matters to me"
0 Kudos
Visitor liuyanbc157
Visitor

Hello, everyone,

I am beginner to FPGA and learning with Artix 7 series.

0 Kudos
Visitor mval
Visitor

Whilst I appreciate the forums, tech docs, etc that Xilinx provides, I want to say that getting in touch with Xilinx is HORRID. It made me so angry, and I don't get angry often. I couldn't login, which meant I COULDN'T OPEN A TICKET DUH. So I tried calling Xilinx and every **bleep** automated message said go online blah blah blah. Even when I got through to an operator, all she did was transfer me to the same **bleep** automated message! Ridiculous. It boggles the mind that a company as big as Xilinx couldn't hire a few people to answer the **bleep** phone (or come up with some other way to contact rather then opening a ticket online).

Anyway. Good day!

0 Kudos
Administrator
Administrator

@mval@liuyanbc157@palani-kumar87@shabbulife@xiaobenyi@nikdollas@avuzman@naveen.gs@tianhufei

Hello and welcome! It seems my message may have caused some confusion. My apologies for that. It was meant to encourage you to introduce yourself in the "Welcome & Join" board (not reply to my post), and to help guide you to post your questions in the correct category/board such as Programmable Devices > UltraScale Architecture or Design Tools > Synthesis.

Best,

Stacia

0 Kudos