cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer

What does running implement.bat actually does?

Jump to solution

Hello guys, I am a newbie to xilinx platform. I am doing a project on aurora 8b/10b core. Usually i do not use shell commands. recently i came through a pdf telling me to run implement.bat. It says these commands execute a script that synthesizes, translates, maps, place-and-routes the example design and produces a bitstream file and the resulting files are placed in the results directory created within the implement directory.

I am not getting  this because if placing and routing is done, why the hierarchy is empty when i select post-route/map/translate option under simulation tab. Please tell me what exactly happens and if i can do everything using shell.

Thanks!

jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Implement.bat is a script file that creates a project, add ll the required files, synthesizes and implements the design.

It is quick when compared to GUI mode for regression testing.

You might also have simulation script files like sim.bat, please check if it exists for your core.

Some scripts generate .xise project and some won't , you can open the .bat file in text editor and check what all the  commands it has to have better understanding.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vsrunga
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Implement.bat is a script file that creates a project, add ll the required files, synthesizes and implements the design.

It is quick when compared to GUI mode for regression testing.

You might also have simulation script files like sim.bat, please check if it exists for your core.

Some scripts generate .xise project and some won't , you can open the .bat file in text editor and check what all the  commands it has to have better understanding.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post