Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

What is required for each Rank?

Jump to solution

I am curious what is the criteria for each of the Rank advancements? I understand the general notion of ‘time’ and community interaction (post, replies, kudos, accepting solutions).

By observation, it seems clear that the higher ranks (maybe Scholar and above) have achieved the ranks by ‘supplying’ answers, but below scholar it seems ‘time’ and ‘asking’ questions ‘may’ play more of a role. e.g. The rank of an ‘Explorer’ seems to have been achievable, for as little as 1 Kudo, 1 Accepted solution, 25 topics, and 50 replies and ‘time’… (at least that is the lowest numbers I happen to see, in a few random looks).

Does that mean, if you answer more things than you ask, you can’t advance? (i.e. you have to ‘ask’ a certain amount of questions) Have the rank requirements changed overtime? (e.g. historically easier to gain rank) Since ‘time’ is a factor, can that be disclosed (as well as other criteria)?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Nevermind... The system just updated my rank. Apparently, you don't get rank update, until you log out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @xilinxacct,

As members spend time signed in to the community performing activities such as reading or creating posts, they level-up in rank. Best way is to continue being an active and helpful contributor on the Forums. Behaviors include answering questions, giving and receiving Kudos, marking replies as Accepted Solutions, and tagging helpful content to promote find-ability

Regards,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply or give kudos or mark it as an Accepted Solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Deepak D N
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo and Accept as a Solution, If it helps.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

@ddn

Yes, that is pretty close to the boiler plate from the FAQ. Can you provide any details? (e.g. if I continue to answer more questions than I ask, and get more Kudos than I give (since I don't ask so many questions), am I inhibited in rank advancement?

If you don't want to publicly disclose the ranking system for some reason, can you tell me the 1 factor that is impeding progress?

Thanks

Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Nevermind... The system just updated my rank. Apparently, you don't get rank update, until you log out.

View solution in original post