cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Which board to buy?

Hey guys,

I just completed my first course in Digital Design. The course provided a brief introduction to FPGA's I am very interested in learning more and was thinking of buying a FPGA board to play around. 

I bought Circuit Design with VHDL(1st Edition) by Volnei A. Pedroni and I found it pretty easy to follow along. 

Could you guys suggest which board to buy? What board would be the best to start with? 

Thanks alot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Re: Which board to buy?

How much are you prepared to spend? Are there any particular applications you're interested in? For the lower end of the scale I have a list of cheap FPGA boards at http://tristesse.org/FPGA/CheapFPGADevelopmentBoards . If there's a companion board for the book you're using, it might make the examples easier to follow, though it might be an old, obsolete or expensive board.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

spartan 3e starter board is good one
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

as u must be knowing spartan familty of FPGA'S are low cost and low end however virtex family is the reverse....so as a beginner u can choose for spartan family to start with of which spartan 3E is obviously a good one but before buying virtex family pls decide firmly according to ur given application..

best regards

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos