Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Which is the best tool for beginner?

Hi all,and 
I am learning verilog self,

I want to know which is the good tool to use for me as a beginner for me ,

and it would helpful me to do mini-project and major project.

Thanking you

yogakh

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Which is the best tool for beginner?

Depends on which device you will be working on.

For 7-series and above, you might want to use Vivado. Else, you can use ISE/PlanAhead.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hello,

its depends upon the device which you are using. i would suggest as you are a beginner start with the ISE. please download the tool from the xilinx.com and start with the basic tutorial

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ise_tutorial_ug695.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

from where to learn verilog being a beginner.....with bad coding learning ability

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Depends on which part you are going to use. If earlier than 7 series, you are stuck with ISE which is discontinued with a non-standard timing constraint system. If you are able to work with a 7 series chip/board definitely go with Vivado as it has a slightly better simulator, an almost industry standard and rational timing constraint system and will be supported and maintained for a while. Also it probably will support some subset of SystemVerilog for simulation in the near future.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can also look into language template which is available with both ISE and Vivado installation
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: from where to learn verilog being a beginner.....with bad coding learning ability

Hello ,

Why don't you take a verilog book and go through it for coding learning?
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos